Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Almost done

Well, it's my last week. Work has of course been extra busy. I have an impossible stack of things to complete. Probably only the top most ones will get done.

Last weekend we went on our final hike. It was the only hike we went on as a team. The hike was up a giant waterfall called Manafossen. Robert and Ashim only made it part way, but Spencer and I kept going. Eventually we came across a herd of sheep that were being taken home by their shepherds. The sheep share the trail with hikers. We had to cross paths and the sheep didn't really appreciate us being in their way. We worked it out, but eventually Spencer and I had to turn around and go back the way we came. We soon caught up to the sheep and were forced to hang back with the herders. I think we can officially say that we herded sheep now. That's a real Norwegian experience.

I discovered recently that certain hikes have special pins associated with them that you can purchase. This hike was one of the them. So I will have a pin for Preikestolen and Manafossen. That's the kind of souvenir that I like.

This week some of our coworkers are in town for a different project. I've been going to dinner with them some. Tonight I met up with them and one of the local staff at a restaurant/bowling alley. We bowled. Bowling here is just like in the US. The animations on the screen are the same and even the balls are in pounds instead of kilograms. The shoes are European sizes though, which was a challenge. I'm happy to say that I got my first international strike, and I bowled a respectable 146.

Two days of work left and then I'm out of here. Time to get back to packing and cleaning the apartment.

No comments: